Windstream's Charlotte data center construction underway
Charlotte, N.C. —
The data center will be the telecommunications services provider’s fourth Charlotte facility and seventh data center in North Carolina. Data center developer Server Farm Realty and DSA Encore are partnering on the construction of the new Windstream facility. The 6-,850 square-foot data center is scheduled to open in late 2013.
Windstream has operations in 48 states and Washington, D.C. but the Little Rock, Ark.-based company serves business and residential customers in primarily rural areas. Through the end of 2012, Windstream operated 23 data centers throughout the country.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution