Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
Durham, N.C. — When news broke that Windsor Circle, one of the Triangle's best-known emerging entrepreneurial companies, had laid off nearly half its staff, CEO and co-founder Matt Williamson didn't duck media questions. "Buck stops with me," he says. Some senior staff also were reduced to consulting roles, but Williamson insists the company;s culture hasn't been damaged....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Score one for RTP: CEO explains why he bolted Silicon Valley for the Triangle
- Dr. James Goodnight, part 2: Advice on overcoming adversity, his proudest SAS memories, and the Triangle's bright future
- NC Biz Wire, PACES team, Google Fiber advocate land WRAL TechWire Editor's Choice Awards
- TechWire Awards go to six individual, six corporate Triangle tech, life science leaders
- Dr. James Goodnight: From moment of inspiration to building SAS, a global software powerhouse
- With all tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better