Why is AT&T on such a tech binge? Rapid change, NCSU economist says
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — From the $48.5 billion bid to acquire DirecTV to its plans to deploy fiber optic services in the Triangle, AT&T is on a technology binge. What's going on? NCSU Economist Dr. Michael Walden sees a variety of reasons in this exclusive WRAL TechWire conversation....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability