Week in review: WRAL TechWire's headlines
Related Blog Posts
- BlackBerry sells its German-based R&D assets
- UNC lands $10M solar energy research grant
- Cybercrime ring uncovered in Brazil
- Censorship claims as Google cuts search results
- NCSU: State law causing school to lose money, business
- Facebook's COO apologizes for psychological experiment
- VC Tim Draper lands $19M in bitcoins; son to speak at Raleigh event
- Pozen resubmits drug; Amazon to fight FTC; Furiex, Quintiles deals close; Twitter's new CFO
- Cary crop science startup Verdesian buys Kansas firm
- New digital marketing firm spins out from recently-sold I-Cubed
- Capital watch: Crowdfunding bill in a 'mess;' patent troll bill advancing
- Google adds more musical choices with Songza deal
- U.K. government investigating Facebook over psych experiment
- The Startup Factory looks to hire venture associate, marketer
- Broadcasters group hires Capitol Broadcasting exec as CTO
- Games back on: 'tiltExpo' replaces Escapist Expo in Durham
- Lenovo's chairman expects IBM server deal to win approval
- Going public: Durham pharma Viamet files for $75M IPO
- Watch out, Lenovo, HP -Dell's Dropbox partnership to drive PC sales
- Small Business Association joins ranks of Parion Sciences admirers
- Review: Google's Android Wear is about simplifying future
- Raleigh startup aims to be online publishing platform of the future
- Fed up IBMers protest in France over working conditions
- Google loses at Supreme Court; Facebook's FbStart picks 500 apps developers; Google shutting Orkut; Red Hat's OpenStack addition; parking app won't shut down
- Sunday Times: Sex tape ignited GSK's China scandal
- Cliff Bleszinski is back: He's 'out of retirement to make video games again'
- European Union approves Lenovo's Google Motorola acquisition
- Bayer CropScience to make $30M investment in RTP
- Could a Philips LED spinoff lead to merger with Cree?
- Associated Press on Automated Insights deal: 'A leap forward'
- Come on, Silicon Valley, you can do better than this
- ExitEvent news: Perfecting the pitch and the CED tech conference
- Durham-based Automated Insights lands $5.5M in funding, deal with Associated Press
- Insiders praise North Carolina's workforce prep
- 'To Facebook, we are all lab rats' - are you outraged?
- Report: N.C. not even in top 10 for U.S. broadband
- Aereo suspends service after Supreme Court ruling
- Wheeler submits E-Rate proposal to FCC
- NCTA launches 'NC Tech Talk' Internet radio program
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Some local websites run one or two tech stories per day. Others a few more but mixed with a variety of business news.
At WRAL TechWire, tech and life science make up the menu with 50 stories published over the last five business days.
Here's a look back at technology, life science and other related news as reported in WRAL TechWire last week.
Headlines are listed at left.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?