Web Foundation report reflects concerns about US security state
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — A day does not go by without a new report emerging about the growth of the national security state. As more NSA spying stories emerge, a new report from the World Wide Web Foundation criticizes the United States for "lack of adequate safeguards to protect users' privacy from extensive electronic surveillance."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report: Cyber Monday sales break record as mobile orders surge
- Exclusive: Startup focusing on 'Gamification' spins off from Vaco
- Novozymes blasts EPA-Obama biofuels decision: 'They didn't go all-in'
- Thanksgiving surges as buying day with mobile devices leading the way
- E-commerce sales appear headed toward cyber bonanza
- Report ranks AT&T No. 1 in fierce Triangle wireless battle
- Mark Zuckerberg delivers a message of hope - on Facebook, of course
- Missed the Internet of Things event? Watch it on demand
- Internet of Things is already helping save lives - including mine
- Red Hat's leaders, a chance to have impact, fun lure new CFO from Valley