Vivek Wadhwa blasts VCs in crowd for 'sexism, racism, and exclusion of the old' - and earns applause
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Be it sexism, racism or ageism in the venture capital industry - both among the ranks of the professional investors and among the companies in which they invest - there is no louder or better-known critic these days that former Triangle entrepreneur Vivek Wadhwa. He entered the lions' den on Wednesday at the National Venture Capital Association's annual conference and delivered his characteristic no sacred cows barrage of criticism. To his surprise, he wasn't hit by a rotten tomato. In fact, he was applauded....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability