Vivek Wadhwa blasts VCs in crowd for 'sexism, racism, and exclusion of the old' - and earns applause
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Be it sexism, racism or ageism in the venture capital industry - both among the ranks of the professional investors and among the companies in which they invest - there is no louder or better-known critic these days that former Triangle entrepreneur Vivek Wadhwa. He entered the lions' den on Wednesday at the National Venture Capital Association's annual conference and delivered his characteristic no sacred cows barrage of criticism. To his surprise, he wasn't hit by a rotten tomato. In fact, he was applauded....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report spells out strategy for how NC can cash in on 'data economy'
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding
- RIoT group spreading wings with events beyond NC