Vivek Wadhwa blasts VCs in crowd for 'sexism, racism, and exclusion of the old' - and earns applause
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Be it sexism, racism or ageism in the venture capital industry - both among the ranks of the professional investors and among the companies in which they invest - there is no louder or better-known critic these days that former Triangle entrepreneur Vivek Wadhwa. He entered the lions' den on Wednesday at the National Venture Capital Association's annual conference and delivered his characteristic no sacred cows barrage of criticism. To his surprise, he wasn't hit by a rotten tomato. In fact, he was applauded....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Obama's immigration moves don't satisfy tech sector, entrepreneurs
- FCC: 'Big dogs' will sue any new net neutrality rules
- Forbes: Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Durham-CH are 'smart' cities
- Consumer Reports: Republic Wireless is top prepaid provider
- AT&T topples Verizon in latest Raleigh wireless tests
- Reality check: Next Glass goes live with wine, beer app
- Survey shows corporate progress in embracing LGBT equality
- Raleigh digital marketing agency hiring up to 30 after acquisition
- Appia's CEO plans to 'stay engaged' as $100M deal unfolds
- More help wanted: High-tech job openings across NC surge 6%