Vivek Wadhwa blasts VCs in crowd for 'sexism, racism, and exclusion of the old' - and earns applause
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Be it sexism, racism or ageism in the venture capital industry - both among the ranks of the professional investors and among the companies in which they invest - there is no louder or better-known critic these days that former Triangle entrepreneur Vivek Wadhwa. He entered the lions' den on Wednesday at the National Venture Capital Association's annual conference and delivered his characteristic no sacred cows barrage of criticism. To his surprise, he wasn't hit by a rotten tomato. In fact, he was applauded....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts