VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — New venture capital investment statistics from two different sources illustrate an increasingly apparent reality: VC is losing its relevance as an investment tool for growing startups in North Carolina. While deals and dollars are at the highest levels since 2001, both numbers remain paltry in the Tar Heel state which often ranked among the top 10 for VC action in the past....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Obama's immigration moves don't satisfy tech sector, entrepreneurs
- FCC: 'Big dogs' will sue any new net neutrality rules
- Forbes: Wilmington, Raleigh, Asheville, Durham-CH are 'smart' cities
- Consumer Reports: Republic Wireless is top prepaid provider
- AT&T topples Verizon in latest Raleigh wireless tests
- Reality check: Next Glass goes live with wine, beer app
- Survey shows corporate progress in embracing LGBT equality
- Raleigh digital marketing agency hiring up to 30 after acquisition
- Appia's CEO plans to 'stay engaged' as $100M deal unfolds
- More help wanted: High-tech job openings across NC surge 6%