VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — New venture capital investment statistics from two different sources illustrate an increasingly apparent reality: VC is losing its relevance as an investment tool for growing startups in North Carolina. While deals and dollars are at the highest levels since 2001, both numbers remain paltry in the Tar Heel state which often ranked among the top 10 for VC action in the past....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding