VC attorney: Crowdfunding will boost growth - but don't expect 'economic miracle'
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Raleigh attorney Jim Verdonik, one of the most experienced and outspoken experts when it comes to the ins-and-outs of startup and emerging company financing, says a crowdfunding bill that could pass at any time in the General Assembly is good news. But don't expect miracles. Plus, he notes, the SEC has yet to implement federal legislation known as the JOBS Act. He calls the delay a "disgrace."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa
- 'GigaThon' computer refurbishing to help spread net access in Triangle
- RTI study: Facebook's data center delivers huge impact to NC