Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — While IBM didn't announce any more job cuts during a conference call last week to discuss its latest earnings, unions representing IBMers overseas and Alliance@IBM, which wants to unionize workers in the U.S., met in Europe to discuss strategy. They agreed on a series of "demands" that call for Big Blue to "protect" its "loyal work force."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T: GigaPower is taking root across Raleigh, Cary
- Report shows x86 deal paying big dividends for Lenovo
- Connecticut launches formal investigation of Lenovo adware
- NC biotech startups share global spotlight in Raleigh
- Report: NC biotech sector produces $73B, responsible for 61,000 jobs
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?