Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — While IBM didn't announce any more job cuts during a conference call last week to discuss its latest earnings, unions representing IBMers overseas and Alliance@IBM, which wants to unionize workers in the U.S., met in Europe to discuss strategy. They agreed on a series of "demands" that call for Big Blue to "protect" its "loyal work force."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Duke survey: Finance exec optimism surges after Trump victory
- Joan Siefert Rose's job: She joins RTP consulting firm in January
- Exclusive: Bob Geolas talks new job, challenges, leaving RTP
- Former RTP Foundation CEO Bob Geolas joins consulting firm
- Exclusive: Joan Siefert Rose talks past, future as she leaves CED
- Triangle's tech links to President-elect Trump: Blackstone, IBM
- Entrepreneur Steve Malik aims to take Triangle soccer to major leagues
- Republic founding CEO: 'David' is 'better armed' to fight Goliaths
- Triangle Technology Executives Council's new leader spells out group's mission, goals
- Exclusive: Republic CEO talks growth, profitability, $100M in revenue and climbing