Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Alliance@IBM in the U.S. joins with two other unions in Western Europe and the IBM Global Union Alliance wants IBM to show more "appreciation" for Big Blue workers, a "new jam" with management about how to shape IBM's future, and "meaningful investments" rather than being focused on driving up earnings. They use a quote from retired chairman and CEO Sam Palmisano about iBM's greatest invention being its workers as part of their argument....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa
- 'GigaThon' computer refurbishing to help spread net access in Triangle
- RTI study: Facebook's data center delivers huge impact to NC
- Get the beat, electronic music style, at Tilt Music Festival in Bull City