Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Alliance@IBM in the U.S. joins with two other unions in Western Europe and the IBM Global Union Alliance wants IBM to show more "appreciation" for Big Blue workers, a "new jam" with management about how to shape IBM's future, and "meaningful investments" rather than being focused on driving up earnings. They use a quote from retired chairman and CEO Sam Palmisano about iBM's greatest invention being its workers as part of their argument....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- VC attorney: Crowdfunding will boost growth - but don't expect 'economic miracle'
- Crowdfunding stays alive in revised Senate bill, but ...
- Meet the 'born multi-tasker' bringing Startup Grind to Raleigh
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'