Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Alliance@IBM in the U.S. joins with two other unions in Western Europe and the IBM Global Union Alliance wants IBM to show more "appreciation" for Big Blue workers, a "new jam" with management about how to shape IBM's future, and "meaningful investments" rather than being focused on driving up earnings. They use a quote from retired chairman and CEO Sam Palmisano about iBM's greatest invention being its workers as part of their argument....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability