Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Alliance@IBM in the U.S. joins with two other unions in Western Europe and the IBM Global Union Alliance wants IBM to show more "appreciation" for Big Blue workers, a "new jam" with management about how to shape IBM's future, and "meaningful investments" rather than being focused on driving up earnings. They use a quote from retired chairman and CEO Sam Palmisano about iBM's greatest invention being its workers as part of their argument....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- AT&T donates $33,000 for PC training at gigabit Internet kickoff
- Races are on: Hundreds already voting in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards'
- Ultra-fast Internet network coming first to Raleigh community center
- Red Hat sizzles: Stock soars to 2nd highest all-time price
- Will new NC crowdfunding bill ('Paces') bring clarity, win passage?
- WTW's 'Full Steam Ahead Award' field is set; cast your vote today
- Red Hat earnings: Another surprise or will strong dollar wreak havoc?
- Internet providers file lawsuits against FCC 'net neutrality' rules
- RDU's wireless access plunges in latest report on performance
- After 7-year run, NCTA pults hold on high-tech jobs report