Uber defends its prices in wake of expensive Halloween rides
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — All you Uber riders and potential users, be aware of what your fare is going to be via the Uber app before you ask for a ride. Some Uber users received big bills for rides on Halloween, including a $326 fare that's received national media attention, but Uber says it's pricing is clear. No trick. In one RTP case, however, Uber is rebating back part of a charge but says that's not related to what it calls 'dynamic pricing."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Cindy Whitehead will keynote WRAL TechWire Awards
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June