Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
Raleigh, N.C. — Rep. Tom Murry, a businessman and Republican from Morrisville, along with three others, is pushing legislation to help entrepreneurs raise money while the SEC wrestles with implementation of the JOBS Act that was passed last year. Read about the bill, who backs it - and which Republican is a powerful opponent....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa