Triangle Entrepreneurship Week rebrands as 'Forward Triangle'
Related Blog Posts
- Startup mania: An explosion of Triangle events in September
- Startup mania: Two weeks of frenzy in the Triangle
- Triangle Entrepreneurship Week kicks off with a bang
- Inside Triangle Entrepreneurship Week: Making the pitch
- Triangle Entrepreneurship Week closes as it began - with a bang
On The Web
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Jon Leonardo and Sarah Wechsberg, who launched Triangle Entrepreneurship Week three years ago to bring more attention and resources to Triangle startups, have linked up with a new organization, Forward City.
Leonardo is president of the new organization.
Wechsberg is the "director" of the Triangle for the organization.
Future events will be known as Forward Triangle, the two announced Tuesday.
"It's our pleasure to announce that Triangle Entrepreneurship Week has rebranded as Forward Triangle, a member of Forward City," Leonard and Wechsberg said in an email.
"Our goals, established from the start of TEW in 2011 will remain the same, to connect local businesses with knowledge, resources and connections while bringing together the thriving pieces of our entrepreneurial community.
"All this said, it remains clear that these entrepreneurs and leaders need more than just a week and need connections beyond the Triangle area. We can now meet these needs."
A TEW-like event -which involved a week-long series of talks, forums and meetups - will continue each September, the two said. However, they also are planning to "host smaller sessions throughout the year."
About Forward City
Forward City already has several events planned for 2014.
The organization lists six "area" directors in addition to the Triangle and Erin Wiley as "chief executor."
The mission statement:" We work on the community level to provide business with key knowledge, resources and connections to grow and succeed."
It's format includes what the group calls "Discover Sessions."
Forward City promises participants the opportunity to "engage with industry leaders in an intimate, off the record discussion on topics relevant to your business growth."
The second part of the program is called "Forward Pitches."
Attendees get to "watch up to 4 preselected founders pitch their companies to active investors for funding. No Powerpoints. No BS. See how deals get started."
Forward City lists partners in several other regions beyond the Triangle:
- Washington, D.C.
- Cleveland, Ohio
- South Florida
- New York
- Tampa, Fla.
Events are branded as "Forward" for a specific area.
Scheduled programs in the near future run three to five days. Dates and cities:
- South Florida: March 10-14
- Nashville: March 24-28
- Tampa: April 16-18
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US
- Leadership lessons from the Red Hat tower: CEO stresses r-e-s-p-e-c-t
- Inside Lookout Capital's biggest deal: Why pick Wright Foods?
- Lenovo rips Ellen's Oscar selfie with a critical tweet, 'pic'
- Google spells out quick timeline, 'checklist' for Fiber network to cities