Time Warner's HDTV coming to NC hotels
The HD Video for Hospitality offering comes from the business division of Time Warner Cable. The new service upgrades hotels to HD programming. The service does not require hotels to invest in expensive equipment or set-top boxes in the hotel rooms, only a small box mounted on the back of each HDTV.
Hotel guests can expect access to 100 plus channels, including more than 60 in high definition. The service also includes free video on demand and premium video on demand viewing choices. Hotels and their guests might also be interested to note that Time Warner says it is providing an antimicrobial remote control.
Besides North Carolina, this HD launch also covers New York City, New York State, New England and South Carolina.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution