Time Warner's HDTV coming to NC hotels
The HD Video for Hospitality offering comes from the business division of Time Warner Cable. The new service upgrades hotels to HD programming. The service does not require hotels to invest in expensive equipment or set-top boxes in the hotel rooms, only a small box mounted on the back of each HDTV.
Hotel guests can expect access to 100 plus channels, including more than 60 in high definition. The service also includes free video on demand and premium video on demand viewing choices. Hotels and their guests might also be interested to note that Time Warner says it is providing an antimicrobial remote control.
Besides North Carolina, this HD launch also covers New York City, New York State, New England and South Carolina.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- ArchiveSocial, a new Durham success story, brings home international award
- Durham's high-tech infrastructure, talent lure Virginia company
- Lenovo acknowledges layoffs in Morrisville as part of shift to 'PC Plus' strategy
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves