The 451 Group acquires Charlotte tech researcher Applied Velocity
Charlotte, N.C. —
No financial terms were disclosed between the two private companies.
The 451 Group is the corporate parent of 451 Research, Uptime Institute and Yankee Group. Yankee Group, which provides research on mobile technology, came under 451’s umbrella last month in an acquisition.
The 451 Group acquired enterprise data center researcher Uptime in 2009.
Applied Velocity focuses on helping companies with their digital data center infrastructure. The company was founded by IT industry expert Tony Bishop.
Bishop will join The 451 Group as chief strategy officer and co-head of 451 Advisors, which advises The 451 Group's enterprise, IT vendor and service-provider clients.
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows