The 451 Group acquires Charlotte tech researcher Applied Velocity
Charlotte, N.C. —
No financial terms were disclosed between the two private companies.
The 451 Group is the corporate parent of 451 Research, Uptime Institute and Yankee Group. Yankee Group, which provides research on mobile technology, came under 451’s umbrella last month in an acquisition.
The 451 Group acquired enterprise data center researcher Uptime in 2009.
Applied Velocity focuses on helping companies with their digital data center infrastructure. The company was founded by IT industry expert Tony Bishop.
Bishop will join The 451 Group as chief strategy officer and co-head of 451 Advisors, which advises The 451 Group's enterprise, IT vendor and service-provider clients.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution