Tekelec dominates new mobile data DSC market
Morrisville, N.C. —
In a new report, Exact says Tekelec controls between 75 percent and 85 percent market share.
Diameter is a key part of so-called LTE, or long-term evolution, technology for mobile and wireless data providers worldwide. It’s the backbone for the “4G” wireless broadband networks being rolled out across the U.S. today, and Tekelec sees LTE spreading worldwide.
“Once LTE is deployed and testing begins, operators begin to see the need to manage and control their Diameter traffic," the report says. "Since signaling traffic is very difficult to predict, LTE operators have been aggressive about deploying DSCs as insurance against unforeseen surges or spikes in signaling traffic”
On Monday, Tekelec announced U.S. operator C Spire Wireless as a new DSC customer.
Tekelec is based in Morrisville and is privately held.
[TEKELEC ARCHIVE: Check out a decade of Tekelec stories as reported in WRAL Tech Wire.]
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution