Tekelec dominates new mobile data DSC market
Morrisville, N.C. —
In a new report, Exact says Tekelec controls between 75 percent and 85 percent market share.
Diameter is a key part of so-called LTE, or long-term evolution, technology for mobile and wireless data providers worldwide. It’s the backbone for the “4G” wireless broadband networks being rolled out across the U.S. today, and Tekelec sees LTE spreading worldwide.
“Once LTE is deployed and testing begins, operators begin to see the need to manage and control their Diameter traffic," the report says. "Since signaling traffic is very difficult to predict, LTE operators have been aggressive about deploying DSCs as insurance against unforeseen surges or spikes in signaling traffic”
On Monday, Tekelec announced U.S. operator C Spire Wireless as a new DSC customer.
Tekelec is based in Morrisville and is privately held.
[TEKELEC ARCHIVE: Check out a decade of Tekelec stories as reported in WRAL Tech Wire.]
Log in or upgrade to view WRALTechWire Insider content
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Raleigh-based PRA International eyes public offering
- Will lightning strike again for veteran entrepreneur Brian Handly at StepLeader?
- Raleigh app developer StepLeader lands $4.4M in first fund raiser
- IBM opens Linux center in China, says it will work with Red Hat
- Red-hot Raleigh startup WedPics hauls in $1.1M in funding
- New Triangle venture capital firm slowly emerging from shadows
- Titans of tech seek to excite UNC, Duke grads about a future beyond themselves
- Triangle politician tries to accelerate crowdfunding; bill passes first hurdle
- ChannelAdvisor seeks $80M, sets share target price for IPO
- IT job openings 28% below 2012 numbers, report shows