Technology skills gap threatens US future, author says
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. SAS CEO Jim Goodnight and Jim Whitehurst, CEO at Red Hat, will reiterate their call for more STEM emphasis in schools. Leading the program will be Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap." Is the threat real? yes, says Beach, who talks with WRALTechWire about how this "skills gap" is the equivalent to a permanent recession....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors
- Falling US sales help tumble Lenovo from No. 1 PC sales ranking
- Lenovo topples Apple as No. 1 in Laptop Magazine rankings
- Pray Facebook's new AI Messenger (M) is better than auto correct