Technology skills gap threatens US future, author says
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. SAS CEO Jim Goodnight and Jim Whitehurst, CEO at Red Hat, will reiterate their call for more STEM emphasis in schools. Leading the program will be Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap." Is the threat real? yes, says Beach, who talks with WRALTechWire about how this "skills gap" is the equivalent to a permanent recession....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy