Technology skills gap threatens US future, author says
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. SAS CEO Jim Goodnight and Jim Whitehurst, CEO at Red Hat, will reiterate their call for more STEM emphasis in schools. Leading the program will be Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap." Is the threat real? yes, says Beach, who talks with WRALTechWire about how this "skills gap" is the equivalent to a permanent recession....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment
- Survey: More Triangle startups to cut spending, reduce hiring
- San Francisco firm acquires Raleigh-based social marketer Expion
- IBM layoffs? Top finance exec sees more 'workforce rebalancing'
- Tech giants keep spending big on lobbying in DC
- 'Humbled' veteran Quintiles exec gears up for new role as Q2 CEO
- Will there be layoffs as well as new jobs as Quintiles' Q2 launches?
- The Startup Factory takes its first step toward going statewide