Posted Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:40 a.m.
News in review: Top stories as reported in WRALTechWire last week
Related Blog Posts
- ChannelAdvisor conference; Merz award; Bioventus VP; Rakuten acquisition
- Solar a bright spot in N.C.'s green employment sector
- Cisco's Chambers trash talks: 'We're back in vogue;' competitors 'going to be road-kill'
- Duke Energy aims to double Carolinas solar capacity
- IBM confirms layoffs underway overseas, won't comment on US cuts
- High-tech job openings in North Carolina hit two-year low
- In their own words: Quintiles execs praise Novella deal, look for more
- Job fair by Chris Heivly could be preview of Startup Factory in St. Louis
- Report: Nanomanufacturing could rival digital revolution
- ABB lowers medium-term sales target on weak global growth
- DARA BioSciences raising $6M in private placement
- IBM layoffs hit hundreds in Brazil, spread in India, across Europe
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal may hinge on Internet access
- Verizon Wireless to cut prices, double data plans in price war
- BDSI stock offering; Epic licensing deal; Tryton approval; Targacept loss
- Quintiles reports first $1B in quarterly service revenues
- John Chambers: 2014 is 'inflection point' for Internet of Everything
- Inside NetApp: Finding ways to battle increasing 'cloud' competition
- Lenovo profits hit record $265M; CEO defends Motorola deal
- NetApp's profit rises 21% in fiscal Q3 even as revenue slips
- Despite slower sales, Cisco's fiscal Q2 earnings beats Street
- Hot social media software startup Expion charts expansion course with new chair, funding
- AstraZeneca returns pre-clinical compounds to Targacept
- Lulu unveils new self-publishing product, activity lineup: Lulu Jr.
- Social media firm Expion adds chairman, who also leads '7-figure' investment; company will up headcount 'over 50%'
- How does your startup make news? Meet the press at the Underground
- News from ExitEvent: 'Are you a founder or a Number Two?'
- Battery fire problem could be snuffed out by new UNC research
- Power player: Startup PoGens turns generators into cash cows, lands GE as investor
- NephroGenex goes public for $37M, but its shares don't 'pop'
- DARA reverse split; Icahn drops buyback; SAS a leader in MRM; Heat Bio hire; PRA honor; Novozymes, Monsanto deal
- Technology companies join protest against U.S. spying programs
- NC Technology Association exec receives 'TechVoice Champion' honor
- IBM layoffs strike first in India; workers describe cuts as 'slaughter' and 'massive'
- Raleigh firm sees path to FDA approval for 'female Viagra'
- 'Cloud' banking software startup nCino raises another $10 million
- News from ExitEvent: DXLab Design brings Valley-like thinking to Triangle startups
- CED picks five startups to present at Life Science Conference
- American Underground@Raleigh opens with a 'party' on Feb. 19
- 'Cloud' is the limit for Red Hat as Amazon Web Services, other deals show
- IBM's 'disappointing results' trigger higher interest rates on its debt
- Red Hat strikes 'cloud' alliance with a top software solution provider
- IBM can't find chip buyer, reportedly seeks joint venture
- Lenovo, IBM target Africa for growth with new initiatives
- With business roaring, Bronto Software opens Australia office, keeps hiring
- Pain drug firm BioDelivery Sciences raising $60M in stock sale
- NephroGenex: Biggest investor could own 49% of shares after IPO
- NCSU economist: 'Innovative state' would be good branding for North Carolina
- IPO Watch: NephroGenex, Square 1 still in pipeline as Triangle IPO surge led by ChannelAdvisor continues
- Poll: Americans give 'C' to broadband efforts in schools
- Game over for 'Flappy Bird;' Google-Cisco patent deal; Google value tops Exxon; Yahoo-Yelp talks; LinkedIn falls; Pfizer blocks generic
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — A look back at technology, life science and other related news as reported in WRALTechWire last week.
Headlines are listed at left.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- No Ashton Kutcher smartphone, Lenovo says
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US
- Leadership lessons from the Red Hat tower: CEO stresses r-e-s-p-e-c-t
- Inside Lookout Capital's biggest deal: Why pick Wright Foods?
- Lenovo rips Ellen's Oscar selfie with a critical tweet, 'pic'