Posts tagged “Southern Capitol”
Jason Caplain, who along with David Jones directs Triangle-based Bull City Venture Partners, says 2015 produced plenty of good funding news for startups and emerging firms in North Carolina. But he laments the lack of later-stage capital in the state. Fortunately, he says, more investors are coming to N.C. to make deals.
AudienceFuel, a startup focusing on delivering "premium audiences" to online advertisers, draws financing from Raleigh-based Southern Capitol Ventures, which is very familiar with the firm's CEO.
At an entrepreneurs event, the vice president of marketing for fast-growing Bronto shares an insightful takeaway: Assign someone to monitor those tweets about your company - or suffer the consequences.
The latest Entrepreneurs Series from Southern Capitol Ventures will focus on marketing - lessons learned, mistakes to avoid - with two panels of marketers talking the business of promoting and selling.
With all the recent programs rolling out to support the launch and growth of new companies, funding remains scarce. If nothing else, lack of cash will keep a damper on entrepreneurs' hopes of flaming beyond control.
The first investor in LivingSocial, the founders of bootstrap-to-riches success Canvas On Demand, other investors and entrepreneurs will take the state of deal making at Southern Capitol Venture program.
At Entrepreneur's Series event in Raleigh, social media experts stress the opportunities social media offer - and the mistakes companies make in muffing the chance to keep as well as win customers.
Triangle area firms and executives will discuss the pros and cons of investing in social media at the next "Entrepreneur Series" program from Southern Capitol Ventures.
"2012 appears to be shaping up similarly to 2011, but there remains an underlying economic challenge in the U.S. and even more so in Europe that has potential to pull things down," says Triangle venture capitalist David Jones.
Deal making totaled only $325 million across 47 deals, the lowest total since 2005 when one excludes the recession year of 2009. Life science deals dominate the fourth quarter.
Inside a venture deal, Part Two: The Maryland-based website linking couples and wedding services chose Raleigh-based Southern Capitol as its first outside investor after years of friendship and a fast engagement.
- Britain's leaving the EU. What should I do with my money?
- No plan for layoffs, store closures as Southern Season restructures
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Inventor with Duke connection seeks to subdue cellphone addiction
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK vote for Brexit
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award