Posts tagged “Semprius ”
Semprius Inc., a Durham-based solar-module manufacturer, raised $995,238 of a $2 million debt offering, according to a regulatory filing. The company's technology lets it create the world's smallest solar cells to deliver a uniquely high concentration of the cells, which are about the size of a pencil point, to achieve cost and performance advantages.
In an exclusive Q&A, Semprius Vice President of Business Development Russell Kanjorski discusses the significance of the firm's latest record for solar efficiency and how the company is progressing toward full-scale production at its plant in Henderson. WRALTechWire Insiders get the full story.
The startup company's leading-edge solar technology "could soon make electricity cheaply enough to compete with power plants fueled by coal and natural gas," says the Massachusetts Institute for Technology in its annual "most important technology milestones" list.
The Durham-based firm secures more money from In-Q-Tel and a new investor. Duke Energy Renewables executive is also is named to the firm's board.
Gov. Bev Perdue is to make a new jobs announcement Tuesday morning in Henderson. Semprius, which is backed by the CIA, could be the builder.
The secret sauce at Semprius draws more money from the "Wizards of Langley" venture arm as well as Siemens and Durham-based Intersouth in its latest $20 million capital fund raiser. So what can the CIA do with advanced solar power?
The Durham-based company, which recently sold a 16-percent interest to Siemens Energy, discloses the funding in a regulatory filing. It's the latest in a streak of good news for the firm and its investors, which include Durham-based Intersouth Partners.
- Britain's leaving the EU. What should I do with my money?
- No plan for layoffs, store closures as Southern Season restructures
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Inventor with Duke connection seeks to subdue cellphone addiction
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK vote for Brexit
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award