Posts tagged “PPD”
Tech briefs: A poliovirus therapy from Duke University receives "breakthrough" status from the FDA; Lenovo and SAP unveil their first joint products and solutions; Duke Energy wins approval for two solar projects; and PPD wins clinical research award.
Just in time for the return of the "X Files" on Fox, a mysterious "X-Co Holdings" company has emerged from the shadows in Wilmington, N.C. X-Co has numerous links to PPD and its private equity owners. PPD spun off a company, X-Chem.
Is life science services company PPD for sale? A Reuters news report says it is, but so far the company isn't saying anything. Neither are the two private equity firms that own the Wilmington-based company.
Validic's fast growth; LinkedIn's $1.5B buy; new PPD joint venture; Liquidia demos its tech; Zynga founder returns
In today's Bulldog wrapup of technology and life science news: Startup Validic reports fast growth; LinkedIn's big acquisition; PPD forms a joint venture in Japan; Liquidia demos at vaccine congress; and Zynga's founder returns as CEO.
From our archives: The Fred Eshelman saga includes one-person startup at PPD to Wilmington's Walk of Fame and now a $1.1B sale of Furiex
Looking back at Fred Eshelman's career: A 2009 blog post recapped a tumultuous year for Eshelman and PPD in which the company's stock was hammered and he stepped down as CEO to become executive chairman. But the year was capped with a salute. From there, Eshelman has continued to make headlines.
Clinical research organization Clinipace's fundraising haul today of $9 million puts it in a position to do more of what the Morrisville company has been doing in over the last two years - finding and acquiring companies.
Inside the Bulldog Blog: SAS wins XL Group as Visual Analytics customer; PPD to work with Europeans on allergies; ATTUS expands compliance services; DARA licenses topical gel; Chemring wins big defense contract.
Lowe's, PPD, SAS, Bank of America and Martin Marietta also crack the top 200 in the annual ranking of information technology trend-setters as selected by InformationWeek magazine.
- No plan for layoffs, store closures as Southern Season restructures
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Inventor with Duke connection seeks to subdue cellphone addiction
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK vote for Brexit
- Crisis or speed bump? What UK vote means for economy sectors
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award