Posts tagged “Opinion Analysis”
Analysis: This deal is a clear win for Microsoft, which receives the search volume it needs, without the risk and expense of a full acquisition of Yahoo!, all for a fraction of the proposed acquisition price.
Analysis: Big Blue uses some of its billions in cash in deals made Tuesday for data analytics firm SPSS and security software company Ounce. IBM still has lots of money left to invest. Look for more deals topping $1 billion this year.
Analysis: The recovery from the current recession will be slower but some growth will begin this quarter, says N.C. Bankers Association economist Harry Davis. However, N.C. unemployment will continue to increase.
Miss deferred compensation compliance deadline? You still may be able to fix documents, avoid triple tax if you act quickly
TechLaw: As of January 1, 2009, documents containing deferred compensation must include "magic language" to avoid the adverse tax consequences of Internal Revenue Code Section 409A. Although the IRS has not provided any relief to taxpayers who missed the deadline, you still may have a limited opportunity to comply.
- Will Trump end globalization? The doubt haunts Davos' elite
- Matt Cohler helped build Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn and Uber. Here's his advice for startups
- China's growth in 2016 slumps as Trump trade struggle looms
- Paramount inks $1B film co-finance deal with 2 Chinese firms
- Navy: Wind farm opposed by GOP lawmakers won't harm radar