Posts tagged “Merck”
An experimental Merck drug safely boosted good cholesterol to record highs while dropping bad cholesterol to unprecedented lows in a study that stunned researchers and renewed hopes for an entirely new way of lowering heart risks.
The drug giants, which are growing their presence in the Research Triangle region, say first-quarter sales were strong. Wyeth acquisition boosts Pfizer. But Schering-Plough acquisition costs hurt Merck profits.
Looking ahead, leaders of 13-county Research Triangle Regional Partnership outline new five-year plan for "Staying on Top." Recruiting pipeline is strong, RTRP’s top exec says. Since 2003, employment grew in all the region’s 13 counties but Warren, which lost 407 jobs.
- Britain's leaving the EU. What should I do with my money?
- No plan for layoffs, store closures as Southern Season restructures
- British brace for economic repercussions of EU exit decision
- Inventor with Duke connection seeks to subdue cellphone addiction
- Markets reel as world absorbs shock of UK vote for Brexit
- Women-led startups flex muscles at healthcare investment showcase
- Tech links: Epic v. Microsoft; Wilmington at Forbes; IBM blockchain; Arista-Cisco patent fight; IBM cloud foundation; GSK malaria vaccine
- Triangle headlines: RTI-Zika research; Quintiles glucose monitoring; Cree's LED plant lights; PatientPay exec; Q2 award