Posts tagged “Greenlight”
The city of Wilson, which has operated its own high-speed Internet service for six years, plans to ask the Federal Communications Commission next month to overturn state laws that limit public broadband services.
At the WRAL TechWire Executive Exchange, service provider panelists made impactful announcements about the future of fiber in the Triangle. Not the least of these: Durham's getting fiber.
The City of Wilson's Greenlight broadband service plans to offer gigabit Internet service no later than July. Thus the city moves into the ranks of areas such as Kansas City, which is deploying the much publicized Google Fiber.
UPDATE: e-NC Authority seeks $7.5M from state to expand reach of high-speed Internet services. Group plans to target 26 counties where availability is less than 70 percent.
Works in ‘Wheel of Time’ series by ate author, who lived in Charleston, S.C. will be turned into videogames and films by Red Eagle Entertainment. Two former IBM execs lead California-based entertainment company.
- Biogen tops sustainable corporations list; Novozomes, Lenovo, Cisco, EMC crack top 100
- Preservationists fight to save Haiti's gingerbread homes
- Pharrell: 'Live Earth' concert to press for climate action
- Pope's statement on climate change: 5 things to know
- Pope on climate change: Man has 'slapped nature in the face'