Posts tagged “BIG Council”
When Terry Thorson Cox, a world traveler, former ice cream entrepreneur in Atlanta and CPA with KPMG, came to Charlotte about a decade ago, the Queen City had no entrepreneurial community to speak of. Now it does, largely due to her efforts, primarily with the Business, Innovation and Growth council she founded.
"Help wanted" signs for information technology workers remain up despite a tough economy. When you consider the unemployment rate, it's hard to imagine an industry that has significantly more open positions than there are qualified people to fill them. That is the case for the IT industry. Each year, 80,000 jobs are estimated to become available in the IT profession across the nation.
The 7th annual Southeast Venture Conference will be held on March 13-14 at the Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte. The SEVC also is tag-teaming with Internet Summit in Raleigh next month to bring the entrepreneur-focused Startup Summit.
BIG ideas are in play in the Queen City with the Business Innovation and Growth council seeking data from companies to help create a bigger bonfire of entrepreneurship. Peak 10's top executive is helping lead the way.
Garth Moulton, who recently moved to the Queen City and is an active member at the Business Innovation and Growth entrepreneurial group, is “the kind of serial entrepreneur that we need,” says BIG’s CEO.
- Lenovo unveils 'Surface killer,' host of new models at Berlin trade show
- World stocks unsteady on dim growth outlook, China volatile
- India SUV maker rides into US market ... on a scooter
- Shell president: 'Oil will be required for a long time'
- New Intel chips a PC boost?; Uber drivers' suit broadens; Amazon video downlaods; Valeant stock falls; Comcast targets millennials