Startup community lobbies N.C. Senate hard for crowdfunding bill
Raleigh, N.C. — We've updated this story with more developments. Supporters of the so-called NC JOBS Act, which would authorize crowdfunding for new and emerging businesses, have launched another lobbying effort to convince the N.C. Senate to pass a bill that the House agreed to a year ago. "This grassroots effort is helping," says a key backer. But time is running out. And now Attorney General Roy Cooper is warning about crooks in crowdfunding....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Frontier rolling out gigabit Internet in several Durham, RTP locations
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
- Massive SAS building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin