Square 1 Bank hires executive for Southern California expansion
Durham, N.C. —
Mark Breneman has joined the Durham-based bank as senior vice president covering the Los Angeles and Orange County region. Breneman, who worked in the Technology and Venture Banking group at Wells Fargo, will be based in Orange County. He’ll be responsible for building Square 1’s portfolio of clients in technology and life sciences. Square 1 focuses on providing banking services to entrepreneurs and the venture capital community.
Besides his work at Wells Fargo, Breneman has also held leadership roles at Silicon Valley Bank in Southern California, where he managed that firm’s Los Angeles office and founded the Emerging Technology practice focused on consulting pre-venture backed startups in the Southern California region. Breneman has a bachelor’s degree in Finance and Economics from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- IBM: Thinking computers to transform our lives in 5 years
- How do you find an IT job? Homework is crucial
- What firms are hiring? IT jobs are available at some very big names
- 'Let's talk tech jobs:' What's really happening in IT hiring?
- Star Trek gets real: Durham startup delivers interactive holograms
- Every tech company needs to join 'Global Government Surveillance Reform' movement
- Durham entrepreneurs find ally in Charlotte medtech incubator
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown