Author: Skills gap debate in US is about education, not immigration
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap," is coming to SAS to discuss what he sees as a major threat to the U.S. He also says the skills debate is not about immigration. Plus, STEM change begins at home....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Study: 'Tasty' cannabis edibles need better labels for safety
- Report spells out strategy for how NC can cash in on 'data economy'
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding