Author: Skills gap debate in US is about education, not immigration
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap," is coming to SAS to discuss what he sees as a major threat to the U.S. He also says the skills debate is not about immigration. Plus, STEM change begins at home....
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Unions call for 'reorientation' at IBM in joint statement
- Red Hat 'supports' new Linux security initiative but isn't a listed funder
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- Unions spell out 'demands' to IBM, plan to step up organizing
- Aereo case shows that in technology vs. tradition we all win - and lose
- VC deals surge nationally - but not in Triangle, rest of NC
- With record numbers, international growth, WRALTechWire's Insider turns 1
- IBMers fear more layoffs; Street expects another revenue drop in report today
- Ex-IBMer Dick Daugherty a very deserving Raleigh Hall of Fame choice
- As Google Glass hits street, group warns: Don't be a 'Glasshole'