Author: Skills gap debate in US is about education, not immigration
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap," is coming to SAS to discuss what he sees as a major threat to the U.S. He also says the skills debate is not about immigration. Plus, STEM change begins at home....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- 10 reasons why you should attend 'Fiber Transforms Triangle' event
- Will your startup 'VAPORIZE'? Marc Andreessen's warning to entrepreneurs, VCs
- Exclusive: IBM affirms RTP's importance with new data center
- Sageworks hopes to incubate new businesses, ideas with I-Lab
- Red Hat reports bug that could devastate 'Internet of Things'
- Novartis dedicates $1B vaccine plant with VIP flu shots as NC exec who recruited the firm will watch
- No Google Fiber news soon for RTP, but digging is furious in Austin
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups