Author: Skills gap debate in US is about education, not immigration
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap," is coming to SAS to discuss what he sees as a major threat to the U.S. He also says the skills debate is not about immigration. Plus, STEM change begins at home....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics
- Key lessons from WedPic's high-profile financing