Author: Skills gap debate in US is about education, not immigration
Cary, N.C. — SAS will host a forum on Thursday to discuss the threat posed to the U.S. by a lack of students focused on technology skills. Gary Beach, publisher emeritus of CIO Magazine and author of the new book "The U.S. Technology Skills Gap," is coming to SAS to discuss what he sees as a major threat to the U.S. He also says the skills debate is not about immigration. Plus, STEM change begins at home....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)
- NC firms winning more federal innovation, tech grants (+ video)
- How can companies drive diversity? 10 lessons from PwC