Shutting down NC Biofuels Center - The inside story
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How ironic is it that on the same day an Israeli company secures financing for a $25 million plant that will convert food waste into electricity in Charlotte, Steven Burke and his staff learn officially that the North Carolina Biofuels Center will be shut down due to loss of funding. WRALTechWire talks with Burke about the looming end to a decade-old effort to make the state a leader in biofuel production. "Dismay and disbelief," he says of his reaction and that of others....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Longtime IBM exec revels in Big Blue's new lab at NCSU Centennial Campus
- Fresh off raising $49M for Arrivo, biotech teammates 'energized'
- Exclusive: Development execs explain how Raleigh won Silicon Valley firm's expansion, jobs
- New digital news competitor for RTP: Crain's
- Closing books on 2015: $1.25B in NC capital + A tip of the cap to CED
- Report: Startup capital funding off to slower start in '16
- 'Wow:' Quintiles takes vivid VR plunge to improve digital health
- Cisco tells NC employees: 'Extremely disappointed' in HB2
- Layoffs hit IBM in Triangle; Big Blue confirms cuts but says it has 25k open jobs
- Triangle plans for growth despite a big elephant (HB2) in the room