Shutting down NC Biofuels Center - The inside story
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How ironic is it that on the same day an Israeli company secures financing for a $25 million plant that will convert food waste into electricity in Charlotte, Steven Burke and his staff learn officially that the North Carolina Biofuels Center will be shut down due to loss of funding. WRALTechWire talks with Burke about the looming end to a decade-old effort to make the state a leader in biofuel production. "Dismay and disbelief," he says of his reaction and that of others....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts