Shutting down NC Biofuels Center - The inside story
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How ironic is it that on the same day an Israeli company secures financing for a $25 million plant that will convert food waste into electricity in Charlotte, Steven Burke and his staff learn officially that the North Carolina Biofuels Center will be shut down due to loss of funding. WRALTechWire talks with Burke about the looming end to a decade-old effort to make the state a leader in biofuel production. "Dismay and disbelief," he says of his reaction and that of others....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Lenovo's big $1.35B China real estate project - any RTP impact?
- CED's Dhruv Patel: Just call him the Matchmaker
- CED's 'Connections to Capital' opens new paths for startups to find investors
- AT&T, CommScope, Verizon join 5G group; feds pledge $400M to wireless effort
- Charlotte economic plan could be a blueprint for the Triangle
- NC rises to 9th in VC funding after 7th straight $100M+ quarter
- Industry praises FCC after opening spectrum for 5G
- RTP Google Fiber countdown: Launch dates may come 'soon'
- Google Fiber sign-ups begin in Charlotte; RTP next?
- Analyst: What Lenovo is doing right in US, worldwide