Shutting down NC Biofuels Center - The inside story
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How ironic is it that on the same day an Israeli company secures financing for a $25 million plant that will convert food waste into electricity in Charlotte, Steven Burke and his staff learn officially that the North Carolina Biofuels Center will be shut down due to loss of funding. WRALTechWire talks with Burke about the looming end to a decade-old effort to make the state a leader in biofuel production. "Dismay and disbelief," he says of his reaction and that of others....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Rose's advice to next CED leader: Listen, keep open mind ...
- UNC growing North Carolina Business News Wire effort
- New exec survey finds 'strong surge' in business optimism
- Bull City Venture Partners, Cisco team up for startup pitch event
- Duke survey: Finance exec optimism surges after Trump victory
- Joan Siefert Rose's job: She joins RTP consulting firm in January
- Exclusive: Bob Geolas talks new job, challenges, leaving RTP
- Former RTP Foundation CEO Bob Geolas joins consulting firm
- Exclusive: Joan Siefert Rose talks past, future as she leaves CED
- Triangle's tech links to President-elect Trump: Blackstone, IBM