Shutting down NC Biofuels Center - The inside story
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — How ironic is it that on the same day an Israeli company secures financing for a $25 million plant that will convert food waste into electricity in Charlotte, Steven Burke and his staff learn officially that the North Carolina Biofuels Center will be shut down due to loss of funding. WRALTechWire talks with Burke about the looming end to a decade-old effort to make the state a leader in biofuel production. "Dismay and disbelief," he says of his reaction and that of others....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Maxpoint raising $75M through IPO; trading begins today
- Full Steam Ahead Awards return; nominate your choices today
- Time Warner Cable upgrades Internet speeds in response to fiber services
- Oops! Economic survey dips for first time in two years
- AT&T: GigaPower is taking root across Raleigh, Cary
- Report shows x86 deal paying big dividends for Lenovo
- Connecticut launches formal investigation of Lenovo adware
- NC biotech startups share global spotlight in Raleigh
- Report: NC biotech sector produces $73B, responsible for 61,000 jobs
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'