SAS, Red Hat give the 'cloud' boosts in their own way through Hadoop investments
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, SAS announced a partnership with privately held Hortonworks, a fast growing developer of Hadoop programming that is helping turn "cloud computing" into a mega opportunity for growth. But Hortonworks also has another local connection: Red Hat. And look for that relationship to grow even stronger....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin
- AT&T ramps up to gigabit speed, doubling Wi-Fi speeds in Austin
- Gigabit Internet is going to change our world - Are you ready?
- September surprise: NC high-tech job openings tumble 6%
- Blair Levin, a new Brookings fellow, to talk 'broadband nexus' at Fiber Transforms Triangle event