SAS, Red Hat give the 'cloud' boosts in their own way through Hadoop investments
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, SAS announced a partnership with privately held Hortonworks, a fast growing developer of Hadoop programming that is helping turn "cloud computing" into a mega opportunity for growth. But Hortonworks also has another local connection: Red Hat. And look for that relationship to grow even stronger....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call