SAS, Red Hat give the 'cloud' boosts in their own way through Hadoop investments
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, SAS announced a partnership with privately held Hortonworks, a fast growing developer of Hadoop programming that is helping turn "cloud computing" into a mega opportunity for growth. But Hortonworks also has another local connection: Red Hat. And look for that relationship to grow even stronger....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Report: NC equity funding drops $400M in '16 yet reach grows
- Despite big changes, Google Fiber says it's 'here to stay in Triangle'
- Duke inventors' kitchen safety recipe: Internet of Things stove control, app raises $175K
- A witness to amazing RDU growth: Jammed LA-to-RDU Sunday night flight
- IBM's top exec defends Trump role in letter to employees
- Inside Offline's big deal with McClatchy: What's next for Raleigh startup, how deal was made
- Startup Offline Media lands McClatchy as investor
- John Kane's vision for Research Triangle Regional Partnership: Marketing, branding
- RIoT group spreading wings with events beyond NC
- Google Fiber expands to North Hills, opening service center in Raleigh