SAS, Red Hat give the 'cloud' boosts in their own way through Hadoop investments
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, SAS announced a partnership with privately held Hortonworks, a fast growing developer of Hadoop programming that is helping turn "cloud computing" into a mega opportunity for growth. But Hortonworks also has another local connection: Red Hat. And look for that relationship to grow even stronger....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Meet Carolyn Sparano, a Bronto vet, now its GM
- Joe Colopy's last Bronto roar: What's next for one of Triangle's best known entrepreneurs?
- Chaz Felix: Why he left Bronto, what's next, and will he work with Joe Colopy again?
- Executive Q&A: Practichem CEO talks new funding, hiring plans, benefits of relocating to Triangle
- Double winners: HQ Raleigh, Red Hat share Full Steam awards spotlight
- Cash for tech: Windsor Circle to invest new funding in development
- Don't miss your chance to celebrate with Full Steam Ahead Award winners
- CED to unveil Entrepreneur Hall of Fame on Founder Day
- The Full Steam Ahead Award finalists are ...
- A salute to Dave Rizzo, a driving force behind NC's entrepreneurial explosion