SAS, Red Hat give the 'cloud' boosts in their own way through Hadoop investments
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, SAS announced a partnership with privately held Hortonworks, a fast growing developer of Hadoop programming that is helping turn "cloud computing" into a mega opportunity for growth. But Hortonworks also has another local connection: Red Hat. And look for that relationship to grow even stronger....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Venessa Harrison: The journey from operator to president AT&T North Carolina
- Score one for RTP: CEO explains why he bolted Silicon Valley for Triangle
- Dr. James Goodnight, part 2: Advice on overcoming adversity, his proudest SAS memories, and the Triangle's bright future
- NC Biz Wire, PACES team, Google Fiber advocate land WRAL TechWire Editor's Choice Awards
- TechWire Awards go to six individual, six corporate Triangle tech, life science leaders
- Dr. James Goodnight: From moment of inspiration to building SAS, a global software powerhouse
- With all tickets gone, TechWire Awards to be streamed live at WRAL.com
- As Scot Wingo's new gig Spiffy lands extra $2.5M, he 'loves' being back with a startup
- Dr. Charles Hamner: A creator of NC's life science industry
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success