S.C. angel investor named to Angel Capital Association board
Greenville, S.C. —
The Angel Capital Association, or ACA, is the North American trade association of angel groups and private investors. The group also elected three other new directors:: Theresa Sedlack of Innovation Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind.; Curtis Gunn of Desert Angels in Tucson, Ariz.; and Parker MacDonell of Ohio TechAngels in Columbus, Ohio.
ACA provides professional development for angel groups, family offices and individual accredited investors and delivers services and benefits to support the success of the portfolio companies of ACA members. ACA also serves as the advocacy voice and the trusted authority on accredited angel investing.
As managing director of Upstate Carolina Angel Network, Dunbar is responsible for the strategy and operation of the Greenville-based group of investors that has invested $7 million in 26 companies since its founding in 2008. Dunbar began his career as a chemical engineer with Eastman Chemical Company and later worked with several Fortune 500 clients as a management consultant with the Boston Consulting Group after completing his MBA at Stanford University.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur