RTI study: Facebook's data center delivers huge impact to NC
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Facebook's massive data center in western N.C. hasn't delivered thousands of jobs on site, but it has provided a substantial boost to the state's economy of $680 million. Some 4,700 jobs were created. So says RTI International in a new report....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin
- AT&T ramps up to gigabit speed, doubling Wi-Fi speeds in Austin
- Gigabit Internet is going to change our world - Are you ready?
- September surprise: NC high-tech job openings tumble 6%
- Blair Levin, a new Brookings fellow, to talk 'broadband nexus' at Fiber Transforms Triangle event
- Nagoya University's RTP exec: Nobel Prize a 'huge' boost
- Survey: Google Fiber not closing 'digital divide' in Kansas City
- Google Fiber visits Triangle again, is looking for 2 'Community Impact Managers'