Lenovo nearly doubles smartphone sales from a year ago
Morrisville, N.C. — Just ahead of a significant announcement late tonight, Lenovo receives good news from the smartphone front. The world's No. 1 PC maker is committed to selling 40 million smartphones this year, and in the third quarter it sold more than 12 million. That "largest year-over-year" increase in performance ranks Lenovo No. 4 in sales, says research firm IDC....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Startup warning sign? Silicon Valley VC confidence falls to 2-year-low
- Video: IBM may dump Lenovo's ThinkPads for MacBooks
- Reports: Lenovo smartphone shipments, market share plummet
- Epic Games' CEO: Augmented reality is next really big thing
- Its 'pivot' made, Reveal Mobile raises $750K, looks to hire
- No bull: Durham ranks No. 9 on 'Best Cities for Creatives' list
- AT&T, CenturyLink, trade groups won't cave to FCC net regulation
- Global tablet sales falter - including Lenovo despite hiring Ashton Kutcher
- Is GSK open to a merger? 'A big issue to cross,' CEO says
- Ex-GSK employees facing layoffs at Parexel; firm won't comment