Lenovo nearly doubles smartphone sales from a year ago
Morrisville, N.C. — Just ahead of a significant announcement late tonight, Lenovo receives good news from the smartphone front. The world's No. 1 PC maker is committed to selling 40 million smartphones this year, and in the third quarter it sold more than 12 million. That "largest year-over-year" increase in performance ranks Lenovo No. 4 in sales, says research firm IDC....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates
- DeSimone launches 3D print venture in Valley, earns another honor
- Frontier CEO coming to Durham for fiber news; Capitol is first customer
- Why Terri Lomax is leaving NCSU for RTI - in her own words
- Lenovo forming new company in China targeting smart devices
- Frontier vs. AT&T in Durham: Let the fiber fight begin
- AT&T ramps up to gigabit speed, doubling Wi-Fi speeds in Austin
- Gigabit Internet is going to change our world - Are you ready?
- September surprise: NC high-tech job openings tumble 6%
- Blair Levin, a new Brookings fellow, to talk 'broadband nexus' at Fiber Transforms Triangle event