Lenovo nearly doubles smartphone sales from a year ago
Morrisville, N.C. — Just ahead of a significant announcement late tonight, Lenovo receives good news from the smartphone front. The world's No. 1 PC maker is committed to selling 40 million smartphones this year, and in the third quarter it sold more than 12 million. That "largest year-over-year" increase in performance ranks Lenovo No. 4 in sales, says research firm IDC....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Source: Google still investing heavily in fiber despite job cuts report
- CED Tech Venture lineup draws 50+ investment funds to Raleigh
- Verizon makes clean sweep in latest wireless testing
- Staying alive: After heart attack, Fitbit inspires me to walk the world
- Why 'skills gap' trainer General Assembly is coming to RTP - and how it differs from competitors
- RTP Foundation expanding Frontier business space
- Generation app gap: Millennials' tech embrace dwarfs boomers, Xers
- Lenovo expands RTP sales force as North America market grows
- Analyst: Lenovo's errors trigger plunging smartphone sales
- Sources: Google Fiber still burying cable across Triangle