Reacting to NC jobs strategy: Broadband exec likes what he sees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, the N.C. Economic Development Board presented a long-term jobs creation blueprint to Gov. Pat McCrory. So what's in the plan for North Carolina's technology industry as well as entrepreneurs? What about the plan's overall economic output? WRALTechWire is reaching out to executives to discuss their reactions to the plan. Our first exclusive interview is with Joe Freddoso, CEO at MCNC which recently completed a state-wide all-fiber backbone high-speed Internet network....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- HP takes lead in sever market as IBM-Lenovo deal waits for approval
- Rock this way: Gamers love EDM, so Tilt Music Festival goes electronic
- Startup Factory's warning to Triangle: 'Bar keeps getting higher' for funding
- Two Toasters celebrates Inc. 5000 by paying it forward: A fundraiser for Girls Who Code
- Clinverse CEO: Pharma industry changes mean more business opportunities
- Prediction: Failure to pass crowdfunding, other economic development bills will hurt N.C.
- Inside Inc. 5000: Two Toasters' mobile apps deliver 579% growth
- Clinverse CEO: New venture funding to drive expansion, create new jobs
- Crowdfunding killed in NC; bill backer criticizes Senate strategy
- Exclusive: GroundFloor isn't moving to Atlanta due to NC crowdfunding impasse