Reacting to NC jobs strategy: Broadband exec likes what he sees
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — On Friday, the N.C. Economic Development Board presented a long-term jobs creation blueprint to Gov. Pat McCrory. So what's in the plan for North Carolina's technology industry as well as entrepreneurs? What about the plan's overall economic output? WRALTechWire is reaching out to executives to discuss their reactions to the plan. Our first exclusive interview is with Joe Freddoso, CEO at MCNC which recently completed a state-wide all-fiber backbone high-speed Internet network....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Longtime IBM exec revels in Big Blue's new lab at NCSU Centennial Campus
- Fresh off raising $49M for Arrivo, biotech teammates 'energized'
- Exclusive: Development execs explain how Raleigh won Silicon Valley firm's expansion, jobs
- New digital news competitor for RTP: Crain's
- Closing books on 2015: $1.25B in NC capital + A tip of the cap to CED
- Report: Startup capital funding off to slower start in '16
- 'Wow:' Quintiles takes vivid VR plunge to improve digital health
- Cisco tells NC employees: 'Extremely disappointed' in HB2
- Layoffs hit IBM in Triangle; Big Blue confirms cuts but says it has 25k open jobs
- Triangle plans for growth despite a big elephant (HB2) in the room