Quntiles puts its guard up as mobile medical alerts app rolls out
Quintiles offers a free website and now a mobile app to help people deal with personal health issues, but the company also is taking steps - including staff who monitor the site and news - in order to ensure safety and to protect itself from lawsuits. "Q" management has obviously learned the lesson of the bad guy in Magnificent Seven: No good deed goes unpunished....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- FCC to NC on broadband law: 'That dog won't hunt'
- Lenovo vows 'cyber attack' investigation but won't discuss all damage hackers did
- Lenovo website hacked; group known as Lizard Squad claims responsibility
- IBM makes $1.5B profit on x86 server sale to Lenovo
- Is crowdfunding doomed again at General Assembly?
- IBM's work force drops by 50,000 in 2014 under reboot
- SAS creates new division focusing on risk research, is hiring
- Slideshow: Why Valeant is buying Salix in a $14B deal
- Lenovo apologizes for adware; feds repeat security risk warning
- Sale won't end turmoil at Salix - look for more in short term