Quintiles closes Phase 1 drug testing group in India amid furor over trials
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Given the mammoth size of India's population, drug testing firms such as Quintiles have targeted the country for trials. But Quintiles, the world's largest life science services firm, has shut down an early-stage test group. As to why, the Durham-based company doesn't have much to say. The Supreme Court of India is up in arms about testing....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy