Quintiles closes Phase 1 drug testing group in India amid furor over trials
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Given the mammoth size of India's population, drug testing firms such as Quintiles have targeted the country for trials. But Quintiles, the world's largest life science services firm, has shut down an early-stage test group. As to why, the Durham-based company doesn't have much to say. The Supreme Court of India is up in arms about testing....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Elon University remains at forefront of Internet research in new disturbing Pew survey
- Balloting is tight in WRAL TechWire Awards - so vote!
- Cindy Whitehead will keynote WRAL TechWire Awards
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger