Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Give me liberty or give me death" still means something in the United States and the western world. Proof of that is the Pulitzer Price awarded to The Washington Post and the U.K. Guardian's U.S. operation for the fortitude each demonstrated in publishing the NSA disclosures of Edward Snowden. Don't ever take your freedom for granted, dear readers. Once lost, it's likely never to be regained....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- 'Humbled' veteran Quintiles exec gears up for new role as Q2 CEO
- Will there be layoffs as well as new jobs as Quintiles' Q2 launches?
- The Startup Factory takes its first step toward going statewide
- State to add 105,000 jobs this year, jobless rate to fall says NCSU economist
- A nearly $2B IPO adds to legacy of Lenovo's founder
- Remembering Triangle's first 'disruptors' from 2007 - and warnings still relevant today
- Is your firm headed into a 'Digital Vortex" or sending competitors into a spiral of destruction?
- Mobile apps showdown: Red Hat-Samsung vs. Apple-IBM
- Exclusive: Google Fiber ready for Triangle competition, top exec says
- Google Fiber is here: Construction begins across Triangle