Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Give me liberty or give me death" still means something in the United States and the western world. Proof of that is the Pulitzer Price awarded to The Washington Post and the U.K. Guardian's U.S. operation for the fortitude each demonstrated in publishing the NSA disclosures of Edward Snowden. Don't ever take your freedom for granted, dear readers. Once lost, it's likely never to be regained....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target