Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Give me liberty or give me death" still means something in the United States and the western world. Proof of that is the Pulitzer Price awarded to The Washington Post and the U.K. Guardian's U.S. operation for the fortitude each demonstrated in publishing the NSA disclosures of Edward Snowden. Don't ever take your freedom for granted, dear readers. Once lost, it's likely never to be regained....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS revenues hit record $3.09B but weakening Euro hurts
- Crowdfunding bill introduced at General Assembly
- 'Bloodbath:' IBM workers report job cuts are underway
- 10,000 phone sales in 2 seconds: Lenovo's attack on Xiaomi begins
- Union: IBMers report job cuts will begin on Wednesday
- Frontier: 'Significant progress' already being made with own fiber network
- AT&T on Google Fiber: 'We welcome additional competition'
- Study: Chatham Park development to produce 115,000 jobs
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts