Pulitzer Prize shows importance of a free press in era of high-tech snooping
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — "Give me liberty or give me death" still means something in the United States and the western world. Proof of that is the Pulitzer Price awarded to The Washington Post and the U.K. Guardian's U.S. operation for the fortitude each demonstrated in publishing the NSA disclosures of Edward Snowden. Don't ever take your freedom for granted, dear readers. Once lost, it's likely never to be regained....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa