Power play: Red Hat embraces a rival in deal with CentOS
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — The CentOS Project, which really is a clone in many ways of Red Hat and its Red Hat Enterprise Linux and has a large international community of users, is now formally aligned with the world's top Linux company. Red Hat is broadening its reach for customers and at the same time is hiring key leaders of the CentOS project. And not all CentOS users are happy with the deal....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Think you know millennials? Case survey runs counter to narrative with Trump, conservatism scoring well
- After Trump meeting, Bayer-Monsanto pledge could mean jobs in RTP
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local Tech Wire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy