Poetry aside, RTP's news today is crucial to region's future
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Let's be candid for a moment when talking about RTP and its technology-life science cluster. There's one straw that stirs the drink - Research Triangle Park. The Park has been the engine for this area's economic development for the past 50 years. And the next stage of the strategic plan being unveiled today is crucial to bringing more attention, more companies and especially more jobs. Talk about startup hubs and incubators is fine, but let's keep some perspective here. Without a reinvigorated Park, the Triangle will have one big hole in the doughnut....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa