Poetry aside, RTP's news today is crucial to region's future
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Let's be candid for a moment when talking about RTP and its technology-life science cluster. There's one straw that stirs the drink - Research Triangle Park. The Park has been the engine for this area's economic development for the past 50 years. And the next stage of the strategic plan being unveiled today is crucial to bringing more attention, more companies and especially more jobs. Talk about startup hubs and incubators is fine, but let's keep some perspective here. Without a reinvigorated Park, the Triangle will have one big hole in the doughnut....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics