Poetry aside, RTP's news today is crucial to region's future
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Let's be candid for a moment when talking about RTP and its technology-life science cluster. There's one straw that stirs the drink - Research Triangle Park. The Park has been the engine for this area's economic development for the past 50 years. And the next stage of the strategic plan being unveiled today is crucial to bringing more attention, more companies and especially more jobs. Talk about startup hubs and incubators is fine, but let's keep some perspective here. Without a reinvigorated Park, the Triangle will have one big hole in the doughnut....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call