Poetry aside, RTP's news today is crucial to region's future
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Let's be candid for a moment when talking about RTP and its technology-life science cluster. There's one straw that stirs the drink - Research Triangle Park. The Park has been the engine for this area's economic development for the past 50 years. And the next stage of the strategic plan being unveiled today is crucial to bringing more attention, more companies and especially more jobs. Talk about startup hubs and incubators is fine, but let's keep some perspective here. Without a reinvigorated Park, the Triangle will have one big hole in the doughnut....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Birthday (unofficial): The soft launch of Local TechWire
- RTI International revenues, work force surge in 2016
- Reports: Lenovo seeking full ownership of laptop joint venture
- American Underground rolls out 'new product offering for a new audience'
- Third VC report confirms trend: VC boom is over in NC
- US sales growth helps Lenovo keep global PC sales lead
- Boom over: Venture reports agree dealmaking drops in 2016
- Fast-growing Walk West agency adds another firm in 'digital first' strategy
- Exclusive: Acquisitions a preview of what's ahead for RTI, which is hiring in Triangle
- Will Lenovo make Fujitsu deal? CEO: 'If one plus one can be larger than two ...'