Poetry aside, RTP's news today is crucial to region's future
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Let's be candid for a moment when talking about RTP and its technology-life science cluster. There's one straw that stirs the drink - Research Triangle Park. The Park has been the engine for this area's economic development for the past 50 years. And the next stage of the strategic plan being unveiled today is crucial to bringing more attention, more companies and especially more jobs. Talk about startup hubs and incubators is fine, but let's keep some perspective here. Without a reinvigorated Park, the Triangle will have one big hole in the doughnut....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- First WRAL TechWire Hall of Famers: Five pillars of NC's tech success
- Why Red Hat's new CFO left IBM - and what he likes better
- Eric Shander's journey: From IBM to Red Hat, chief accounting officer to CFO
- Datathon at Duke offers big talent recruiting opportunity, says former Red Hat exec
- 'Life is more than self'- The driver for 2017 WRAL TechWire awards
- SEC's big 'fake news' crackdown shows a major threat to readers, investors
- Falling US sales help tumble Lenovo from No. 1 PC sales ranking
- Lenovo topples Apple as No. 1 in Laptop Magazine rankings
- Pray Facebook's new AI Messenger (M) is better than auto correct
- Lenovo server group rebounds in cloud IT sales; Cisco, NetApp surge; IBM slips