NSA disclosures means stormy weather for US 'cloud' providers
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Disclosure of the NSA's "PRISM" program has sparked cries of outrage worldwide with privacy advocates calling for major changes. But businesses are concerned, too, and a new report shows that there is significant financial risk to U.S. "cloud" providers if our government isn't more forthcoming about just what PRISM does and doesn't do....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- NetSuite exec: Look for many new jobs in Durham after $200M Bronto buy
- Lenovo recalls 166,000 ThinkPad battery packs due to fire hazard
- Finalists in 'Full Steam Ahead Awards:' Competition is hot
- The closing of Raleigh's last B&B and the failure of government
- CEO: Marketing puts some sizzle in the Cree brand
- IBM, SAS top 'Magic Quadrant'in multichannel campaign management report
- IBM tells McCrory it opposes NC Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- NC's venture industry reports best first quarter in 8 years
- Report: Venture funding surges in NC thanks to life science deals
- Job growth study: Raleigh No. 2 in tech, No. 1 in STEM