NSA disclosures means stormy weather for US 'cloud' providers
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Disclosure of the NSA's "PRISM" program has sparked cries of outrage worldwide with privacy advocates calling for major changes. But businesses are concerned, too, and a new report shows that there is significant financial risk to U.S. "cloud" providers if our government isn't more forthcoming about just what PRISM does and doesn't do....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- House OKs new venture fund for NC with decisive vote
- Uber expanding ride-sharing to North Carolina's coast
- New state venture fund that would provide startups a cash infusion advances
- Lenovo's 'attacking' strategy: Targeting the 'social mobile Internet'
- Sources: NetApp cutting 15 percent of its work force at RTP campus
- Road risks: 70% now using social media, net while driving
- CenturyLink fast Internet service targets much of eastern NC, Triangle
- CEOs want our state, but does General Assembly want CEOs?
- AT&T, trade group take FCC fight to court in attempt to stop new rules
- 'Venom' security risk hits cloud; Red Hat warns about vulnerability