North Carolina Center of Innovation Network launching entrepreneur workshop series
On The Web
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Starting on March 8 the North Carolina Center of Innovation Network (COIN) will launch the “COIN Workshops” Program.
Workshops are designed to provide objective, actionable information and guidance to North Carolina entrepreneurs engaged in research and commercialization of innovative products and services that improve our lives. Workshops will be hosted by COIN and sponsoring organizations will provide attendees with complimentary food and beverages.
Accomplished and innovative scientists, engineers, and technologists interested in commercializing their innovations and research can take advantage of the Workshops to sharpen their business and operational skills and increase their rates of success. All too often the most innovative scientists and engineers are so laser focused on the research and development of their innovations they lack the time to become familiar with today’s operational requirements and opportunities that can make the difference between success and failure in today’s complex business environment, particularly in high technology enterprises.
COIN Workshops will expose attendees to accomplished subject matter experts and actionable information in areas such as applying for grants, accounting and bookkeeping, financial planning, risk management, and basic business law concepts and information to assist them in successfully bringing their ideas to the marketplace. Planned Workshops will also cover areas including funding, regulatory and risk management issues, sales and marketing, and of course, human resource management.
The Workshops will compliment other COIN activities and events such as the InnovEight 8, Facility visits or Show and Tells, and other educational, informational and networking activities. COIN will continue to leverage its partnership with the First Flight Venture Center as a primary venue for the Workshops and will leverage other venues when appropriate.
“We believe these events will provide our hard working and talented entrepreneurial scientists and engineers with an additional opportunity to realize their full potential and contribute to our growing high tech economy and the health and welfare of our citizens”, said Terri Zaczyk, COIN’s Director of Operations and Development.
Planned Workshops in March:
- Grant Planning and Execution Workshop – First Flight Venture Center, 2 Davis Drive, RTP
Wednesday, March 8th from 11:30 to 1:30, sponsored by Eva Garland Consulting, lunch served
- The Dogged Persistence of Gravity: Entrepreneurial Financial Planning – First Flight Venture Center
Wednesday, March 22nd from 11:30 to 1:30, sponsored by Red Reef Advisors, lunch served
- Bookkeeping Basics: - Tracking Your Company’s Money – First Flight Venture Center
Tuesday, March 28th from 11:30 to 1:30, sponsored by Scale Finance, lunch served
Registration information available on EventBrite at “NC Center of Innovation Network” or for more information contact Terri Zaczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: NC COIN is a news partner of WRAL TechWire.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Cindy Whitehead will keynote WRAL TechWire Awards
- New Raleigh Chamber CEO wants HB2 repeal, to stress eco development
- Community colleges demo their power in workforce development
- Windsor Circle's CEO on pivot, layoffs: 'Buck stops with me'
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June