New chip initiative charges up Triangle's Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — President Obama's announcement to invest $70 million in federal dollars in research through a consortium of universities and private sector firms led by NCSU delivered a jolt of good news to the Triangle's fast-growing cleantech industry. RTP has become a hub for greener energy research, and the head of the Research Triangle Cleanteach Cluster says the "Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute" could bring more jobs as well as investment to the region....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Entrepreneurs vs. regulation: The Uber debate
- Mojo from Motorola: Lenovo's new branding challenge
- Uber: No retreat in dispute with RDU on drivers
- New stats: Lenovo would be No. 3 if Motorola deal had closed before IDC released its latest stats
- Triangle entrepreneur survey finds mix of optimism and worry
- Frontier rolling out gigabit Internet in several Durham, RTP locations
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
- Massive SAS building, more jobs reflect Goodnight's enduring loyalty to home state
- Exclusive: Fresh off academic triple crown, DeSimone focuses on new startup
- Rank-and-file IBMers pay the price as Big Blue's reboot accelerates