New chip initiative charges up Triangle's Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — President Obama's announcement to invest $70 million in federal dollars in research through a consortium of universities and private sector firms led by NCSU delivered a jolt of good news to the Triangle's fast-growing cleantech industry. RTP has become a hub for greener energy research, and the head of the Research Triangle Cleanteach Cluster says the "Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute" could bring more jobs as well as investment to the region....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Humbug! Google delays fiber news until 'after the holidays'
- RTP's new era nears launch: 'The Frontier' to premier Jan. 15
- Nov. open high-tech jobs in NC at highest level in 3 years
- Winston-Salem startup joins fight against Ebola with eData
- Tech giants warn: Just say 'No' to net regulation
- Be fit, be smart: Check data accuracy before buying that wearable for Christmas
- No Google Fiber news today; Raleigh exec 'still expecting year-end decision'
- VCs launch a diversity task force - years too late but better than never
- Fiber event shines spotlight on RTP as gigabit era begins
- Shark Tank investor bets $20,000 on Raleigh startup WedPics