New chip initiative charges up Triangle's Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — President Obama's announcement to invest $70 million in federal dollars in research through a consortium of universities and private sector firms led by NCSU delivered a jolt of good news to the Triangle's fast-growing cleantech industry. RTP has become a hub for greener energy research, and the head of the Research Triangle Cleanteach Cluster says the "Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute" could bring more jobs as well as investment to the region....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- Lenovo's big $1.35B China real estate project - any RTP impact?
- CED's Dhruv Patel: Just call him the Matchmaker
- CED's 'Connections to Capital' opens new paths for startups to find investors
- AT&T, CommScope, Verizon join 5G group; feds pledge $400M to wireless effort
- Charlotte economic plan could be a blueprint for the Triangle
- NC rises to 9th in VC funding after 7th straight $100M+ quarter
- Industry praises FCC after opening spectrum for 5G
- RTP Google Fiber countdown: Launch dates may come 'soon'
- Google Fiber sign-ups begin in Charlotte; RTP next?
- Analyst: What Lenovo is doing right in US, worldwide