New chip initiative charges up Triangle's Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — President Obama's announcement to invest $70 million in federal dollars in research through a consortium of universities and private sector firms led by NCSU delivered a jolt of good news to the Triangle's fast-growing cleantech industry. RTP has become a hub for greener energy research, and the head of the Research Triangle Cleanteach Cluster says the "Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute" could bring more jobs as well as investment to the region....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- The AI future: Utopian or dystopian ... that is the question
- RTP's Cloud Pharma tries crowdfunding for Zika, ALS research
- From wearables to drones: How RTP tech firms might save your life in 2021
- Former SAS exec Jim Davis leaves Informatica
- Long-time SAS CTO retires, in 'stealth mode' for startup
- WRAL mobile health event focus: Growing importance of mData to your health
- AT&T-Google Fiber fiber fight gets nastier in utility pole case
- PwC: MoneyTree venture capital report will continue
- National Venture Capital Association picks new provider for VC data (+ video)
- 'AirGig:' AT&T testing power grid for multi-gigabit Internet (+ video)