New chip initiative charges up Triangle's Cleantech Cluster
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — President Obama's announcement to invest $70 million in federal dollars in research through a consortium of universities and private sector firms led by NCSU delivered a jolt of good news to the Triangle's fast-growing cleantech industry. RTP has become a hub for greener energy research, and the head of the Research Triangle Cleanteach Cluster says the "Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute" could bring more jobs as well as investment to the region....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call
- New FCC chair stresses 'bringing benefits of digital age to all Americans'
- Time runs short for TechWire Awards nominations; 100+ nominees so far
- Finance execs, Duke economist tell Trump: Stop using Twitter