NetApp profit surges 28% to $82M in fiscal 1Q
Research Triangle Park, N.C. —
In the three months ending July 26, NetApp earned $82 million, or 23 cents per share compared to $64 million, or 17 cents per share in the same period a year ago. Revenue for the quarter was $1.51 billion, a 5 percent increase over first quarter 2013 revenue. The revenue figure fell just shy of analyst estimates; the consensus analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was $1.53 billion in revenue.
Sunnyvale, Calif.-based NetApp, which operates one of its largest campuses in Research Triangle Park, attributed the results to the latest release of its clustered Data ONTAP operating system.
NetApp finished its fiscal 2014 first quarter with more than $5 billion in cash, cash equivalents and investments. NetApp also returned $900 million to shareholders during the quarter through share repurchases and a cash dividend.
Looking ahead to the second quarter of fiscal 2013, NetApp expects revenue in the range of $1.56 billion to $1.66 billion and earnings per share in the range of 41 cents to 46 cents per share.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- GoGown deal shows power, necessity of networking for startups
- New GSK oncology consortium targets combination therapies
- Fighting hospital infections: A Durham nurse's dream produces the GoGown
- From photos to out-of-this-world art: Raleigh firm's software transforms images
- LabCorp expands gene tests for cancer - but don't confuse these with 23andMe
- ChannelAdvisor: Mobile cuts deeply into PC share of online shopping
- Inside Appia's latest funding deal: Debt beats dilution
- Can Barley's bark win Super Bowl gold for Durham startup?
- Tech guru Mossberg changes gears, praises Republic Wireless
- Survey explodes myth of the poor VC-backed entrepreneur