NCSU alumni expanding their security startup with a return to Raleigh
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Rami Essaid, Engin Akyol and Andrew Stein turned their educations at N.C. State into fast-growing tech security startup Distil Networks but left North Carolina to launch the venture-backed firm. Now they are returning to Wolfpack country by opening an office in Raleigh. And they are hiring. We have the details in an exclusive interview for WRAL TechWire Insiders....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- IBM dismisses layoff report as 'ridiculous;' however, Big Blue confirms it is making cuts
- Will IBM cut 100,000 jobs? Even union is wary of the report
- Google's 'reserve the date' notice could mean fiber for Triangle
- Just who is driving for Uber? And why? You might be surprised
- Cree's top exec gets a curve ball to end earnings call - Might he split the company?
- There's a RIoT going on in Durham - Internet of Things, that is - tonight
- As backlash against 'shared economy' grows, is this the next 'dot com' bomb?
- Governor's 'Innovation' plan shows potential for entire state, not just RTP
- Venture investor on NC deal flow: 'Great to be back in the top 10'
- Angel investor: VC stats 'moving in the right direction for us'