NC Biotech Center faces 25% budget cut - less than feared
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — North Carolina's Biotechnology Center appears to have avoided a 50 percent cut in its budget but also sees a big percentage of its funding switched to "nonrecurring" status. In other words, future support is more at risk. Update: The Biotech Center refrains from comment about the budget until after executives have a chance to review the details....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- SAS steps up analytics talent drive with $3.4M Clemson deal
- After $4M fund raiser, what's next for health data startup Bivarus?
- Raleigh Chamber chair: New CEO reflects commitments to development, diversity
- IBM's pledge to hire vets triggers mix of reactions, anger
- Field set for WRAL TechWire Awards - vote today
- Southeast Venture Conference evolves: Fusion set for June
- As Oracle cuts jobs, no discussion in trash-talking earnings call
- New FCC chair stresses 'bringing benefits of digital age to all Americans'
- Time runs short for TechWire Awards nominations; 100+ nominees so far
- Finance execs, Duke economist tell Trump: Stop using Twitter