Motorola mojo for Lenovo? New phone, not 'extremely ugly' wearables coming
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — Lenovo's Yang Yuanqing steals the headlines at the Mobile World Congress by vowing to quickly turn around money-losing Motorola Mobility after its $2.9 billion deal with Google closes. However, Motorola Mobility makes its own news by announcing a new smartphone and shows some moxie with a smartwatch while deeming rival products as "extremely ugly."...
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Is Charlotte really the Silicon Valley of the South?
- Do Apple, Google changes ensure privacy? National Law Journal says no
- New wave of 'undisclosed investors' now powering NC tech startups
- IBMers react with anger, sarcasm at 10% pay cut
- Google offers $100,000 to help startups reach the 'cloud'
- NC high-tech job market stable; more openings expected this fall
- You 'have to be tough' and other advice from Women in Power
- New CED communications exec targets 'galling' lack of coverage
- UNC-Wilmington, two Charlotte 'accelerators' land $50,000 federal grants
- 'Fury' at discrimination drives 'Innovating Women' book by Vivek Wadhwa