More topline speakers, big crowd = Entrepreneur event you should attend
Related Blog Posts
- Andreessen Horowitz managing director to headline Entrepreneurs' Series
- Venture outlook for 2014 kicks off Entrepreneurs' Series
- Angels to the rescue: As VC dollars decline, wealthy individuals step up to fuel new ventures
On The Web
Research Triangle Park, N.C. — If you are an entrepreneur looking for investors or you are a person of worth casting about for a possible deal, then you need to be among the more than 200 people attending the Entrepreneurs' Series event next week where the topic is the 2014 deal climate.
But you had best sign up quickly. Fewer than 20 tickets remain, says venture capitalist Jason Caplain. He's putting on the Feb. 26 show along with Bull City Ventures partner David Jones. (The venue is the Brier Creek Country Club.)
This looks to be the biggest event that Caplain and Jones have put on.
Caplain's recent tweet shows how an already potent lineup of speakers is getting even better.
"Glad to have @scotwingo from @channeladvisor and @jedcarlson from @ReverbNation join us as moderators for Venture Outlook," Caplain tweeted.
Wingo is co-founder and CEO of ecommerce services provider ChannelAdvisor, which he nurtured from startup to a 2013 IPO.
And Carlson just may be on the same success track as Wingo. He's president and co-founder of fast-growing ReverbNation, the merging go-to site for musicians and other artists.
Here's the latest list of speakers and panelists for the event, which will include two panel discussions as well as a "fireside chat" with the outspoken Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horowitz:
- John Burke, Co-Founder and Partner, True Ventures
- Jed Carlson, President, ReverbNation
- David Gardner, angel investor
- Vic Gatto, Partner, Solidus
- Tim Huntley, angel investor
- Wayne Hunter, Managing Partner, Harbert Venture Partners
- Scott Kupor, Managing Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Randy Myer, Triangle Angel Partners
- Dave Neal, Managing Director, The Startup Factory
- Don Rainey, General Partner, Grotech Ventures
- Wright Steenrod, Chrysalis Ventures
- Joe Velk, Contender Capital
- Scot Wingo, CEO, ChannelAdvisor
Get your ticket today - or miss out on what should be a good investment of time and some cash.
(Note: WRALTechWire is a supporter of the Entrepreneurs' Series.)
WRAL Local Tech Wire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- No Ashton Kutcher smartphone, Lenovo says
- Checking in on 'tattooed guy' with SXSW-bound Raleigh team
- Sneak peek: Stylish HQRaleigh on eve of move-in day
- Raleigh mayor heads to Austin to recruit entrepreneurs, businesses
- Reports: Strike against IBM-Lenovo deal continues in China
- RTP misses out on $100M Cisco 'Internet of Everything' center
- IBM job protests in China don't generate sympathy in US
- Leadership lessons from the Red Hat tower: CEO stresses r-e-s-p-e-c-t
- Inside Lookout Capital's biggest deal: Why pick Wright Foods?
- Lenovo rips Ellen's Oscar selfie with a critical tweet, 'pic'