Microsoft retail store to open at Streets of Southpoint
On The Web
Durham, N.C. — Microsoft’s (NASDAQ: MSFT) first North Carolina retail store will be in Durham.
The technology giant announced said Tuesday that it plans to open a 2,208 square-foot store at The Streets of Southpoint in Durham. The grand opening is scheduled for Aug. 21 at 11 a.m.
Microsoft expects to hire 40 to 50 part-time and full-time workers for the Durham store. People interested in working at the Microsoft store can apply online.
Microsoft’s first retail store opened in Scottsdale, Ariz. in 2009. The company has since opened more than 100 retail stores around the country, which Microsoft says have served more the 379 million customers. Microsoft stores offer products such as PCs, tablets, Windows Phones, Xbox One and software such as Microsoft Office. The sites also provide customer service with a staff available to answer questions and make recommendations.
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- House won't 'concur' on bill with crowdfunding, but ...
- Lenovo dials up global smartphone share in record quarter
- Offering a stipend to startups, Groundwork Labs demonstrates its own growth
- Report: Motorola Mobility sales surging ahead of Lenovo deal close
- Wedding bell blues? Not at Raleigh startup WedPics
- Lenovo catches Internet of Things fever - is it good idea?
- N.C. Senate OKs bill with crowdfunding but future is 'uncertain'
- National tech news site Xconomy launches in RTP
- Vivek Wadhwa blasts Twitter's 'proud' response to diversity report
- N.C. Senate gives tentative OK to bill including crowdfunding