Medfusion's 'David' girds for fight with giant Allscripts
Cary, N.C. — Entrepreneur Steve Malik founded health portal Medfusion, sold it to Intuit and bought it back only to now face a gigantic challenge: A lawsuit against electronic health records giant Allscripts. But Malik has no regrets about reacquiring the company and says the fight that could be worth millions of dollars is "where the market is going and where Medfusion can be." WRAL TechWire Insiders get the exclusive story....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Latest for Insiders
- From WTW's archives: Dave Rizzo and NC IDEA's launch, his joining MCNC
- Raleigh startup Innovate Biopharmaceuticals lands $1.5M
- Saluting Dave Rizzo, a driving force behind NC's entrepreneurial explosion
- Want a job in the 'Next Evolution'? Try analytics
- Incoming NC IDEA leader: Change to foundation offers many benefits to startups, state
- Jobless future? NC Science and Math robotics team remains gung ho
- How can workers avoid becoming obsolete? A Q&A with Dr. Mike Walden
- Raleigh forum's focus: How can NC deal with threat of jobless future?
- At Super Bowl, Lenovo will power NFL's tech lineup
- Startup SoloPro kicks off real estate revolution with own Super Bowl blitz