Medfusion's 'David' girds for fight with giant Allscripts
Cary, N.C. — Entrepreneur Steve Malik founded health portal Medfusion, sold it to Intuit and bought it back only to now face a gigantic challenge: A lawsuit against electronic health records giant Allscripts. But Malik has no regrets about reacquiring the company and says the fight that could be worth millions of dollars is "where the market is going and where Medfusion can be." WRAL TechWire Insiders get the exclusive story....
WRAL TechWire Publisher and Editor Rick Smith dishes out tidbits from the local technology sector. Read more articles…
Please Log In to add a comment.
Best of TechWire Insider
- Crowdfunding bill moves - again - as part of different legislation
- AT&T already seeking permits for rollout of ultrafast network
- Latest stats show institutional venture capital in N.C. becoming a joke
- With cities on board, N.C. Next Generation Network is rolling toward first big deployment target
- Is IBM-Apple deal a slap in the face for Lenovo?
- A rare look into economic recruitment, requirements: Cary's disappearing 1,237 jobs document
- N.C. Senate committee to consider crowdfunding bill
- NCTA renames its '21 Awards,' to honor winners with 'Beacon'
- Vivek Wadhwa's book 'Innovating Women' hits markets Sept. 2
- Capital watch: Crowdfunding bill in a 'mess;' patent troll bill advancing